Looking at the increasing popularity of online games and analyzing number of children playing these games on regular basis it becomes important for them to understand the risks involved and what they need to do if some unwanted situation arises. It is not at all acceptable for children to share or post their pictures to strange players; cyber bullying is one of the major threats faced by children while playing online games. If parents are aware of all these threats and possibilities they should aware their children on of such possibilities are teach them different ways t handle such situations. Well, this was an introductory note for all parents that have nothing to do with the content of this article. In this article, we will look at some of the online games that can be purchased, downloaded or played online.
Types of Online Games
- Boxed Games: Boxed games are actually purchased and that come written as a program on discs or cartridges. You can purchase them online for receiving boxed parcel at your doorstep or you can purchase them in stores. More often boxed games are played on consoles or PCs.
- Digitally Downloadable Games: These games can be downloaded directly to your PC, phone or on consoles. Most of the consoles available in market have their own stores from where buying or downloading console-based games is easier. Usually these downloadable games are full feature titles or casual like puzzles and word games. Some free games are also available in those marketplaces that can be downloaded if required.
- Mobile Stores: Smartphone or tablet users can download their favorite games from different marketplaces like Google Play or Apple Store. More often, these marketplaces are linked to your credit card or through e-Wallet, which is your mobile phone account.
- Subscription Games: When people want to play their favorite game online they need to register their account with the game provider and after paying subscription fee for certain period they are allowed to access and play their favorite game. Usually in subscription gaming people do not have to actually possess the game hardware or downloaded copy. By accessing the game provider’s servers players can start gaming whenever they want via online streaming.
- Free-to-Play games: With the advent of mobile gaming free-to-play games or freemium games concept came in to existence. Typically, these games are supported ads requiring you to pay nothing for playing initial game levels. However, if you find that game interesting and wanted to access it further or access different locked features you need to pay a little amount for unlocking game and you are set to play that game whenever and wherever you want.
- Social Networking Games: Social networking sites as if Facebook offers games that can be played via social medial platforms within the browser. Most of the times gaming experience is these games is enhanced as it provides you with an option to send invites to y0or friends for playing games with you and sharing your score with them. Often these games have a feature to buy in items using real money and rewards players for each player joining the game following the invite link.